The Westview Orchards Farm Profile
The Westview Orchards Family Farm was settled in 1813 by Michael Bowerman who came to Michigan from Ontario County, New York state. It is located in outskirts of village of Romeo (Washington Township, Macomb County).
It passed down as follows:
FIRST Generation Michael Bowerman; SECOND Generation George B. (died before Byron); THIRD Generation Byron B. FOURTH Generation George B. and Harvey B. then FOURTH & FIFTH Generation Harvey with Armand and Katherine; then FIFTH Generation Katherine with SIXTH Generation Abigail and Katrina; now SIXTH Generation Abigail and Katrina, since Grandma Kay passed away on December 22, 2008 at the age of 95.
Farm Building Restoration Projects have included:
1991 - 94: 1869 Sikes Schoolhouse renovated & used for school tours until 2003 then meetings
1998: converted 1850 dairy barn into modern Cider Mill with large viewing windows
2009: Schoolhouse converted to Ice Cream & Sweet Shoppe
1994:1920's Milkhouse converted to U-Pick cherry sales;2005 to Pizza house;2009 Hot Foods
2000 early 1900's Toolshed converted to Concessions Food, now Popcorn making